Menopause can trigger a range of symptoms that may diminish a woman’s quality of life. While these symptoms are normal, there are treatment options available to make this period of a woman’s life more comfortable. An integrative approach to menopause management utilizes natural therapies and medications to help women attain symptom relief.
Common Menopause Symptoms
During menopause, the female body stops producing estrogen and progesterone. This can result in a variety of symptoms, such as:
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Insomnia and sleep disturbances
- Mood swings
- Dry skin
- Vaginal dryness
- Reduced libido
- Weight gain
- Thinning hair
- Aches and pains
How Integrative Medicine Can Help Women Navigate Menopause
Integrative medicine involves the use of both conventional and alternative therapies to treat the entire patient. In the context of menopause, an integrative approach may combine the following treatments to improve patients’ overall health and wellbeing:
- Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy to offset the effects of fluctuating hormone levels
- Natural supplements and/or intravenous therapy to treat nutrient deficiencies and promote hormonal balance
- Dietary changes to alleviate symptoms that are caused or exacerbated by nutritional imbalances
- Detoxification to promote hormonal balance, higher energy levels, and improved overall wellness
- Lifestyle adjustments to adopt healthy habits for improved sleep quality, lower stress levels, and improved overall wellness
- Weight loss strategies for women who gained weight during menopause and want to lose excess pounds
Integrative medicine focuses heavily on natural therapies, making it a great choice for women who want to avoid the side effects of conventional medications. An integrative physician can evaluate your symptoms and devise a personalized treatment plan to help you navigate menopause.
The Center for Natural & Integrative Medicine offers an integrative approach to menopause, helping to alleviate menopause symptoms with natural, effective remedies. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!