If you have been anywhere over the last few weeks, it is hard to ignore the constant sniffling that you may be hearing in the community. Though these symptoms may be due to the common cold, allergies are also a huge culprit and should be dealt with accordingly. In this week’s blog, we focus on natural remedies for allergies.
Causing itchy eyes, rhinorrhea, congestion and post nasal drip, allergies are no fun for anyone. If you are dealing with allergies are are tired of using Zyrtec, Claritin and Flonase, you may be looking towards natural remedies to aid your symptoms.
Things to Consume During Allergy Season
– A couple of tablespoons of raw, local honey can be beneficial with symptoms of hay fever and congestion.
2. Bone broth
– Bone broth can help ease respiratory problems and also help expel nasal mucus
3. Probiotic Rich foods
– Things such as sauerkraut, kimchi and kombucha can help give your body enzymes to fight symptoms
– The Bromelain found in pineapple can help fight seasonal allergies. Be sure to eat the core, which contains the highest concentration of essential nutrients.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
– With its ability to break up mucus and support lymphatic drainage, apple cider vinegar taken three times a day can be especially helpful.
– Ginger, along with garlic, horseradish and onions can warm the body and break down toxins.