All fields are required.

Close Appointment form
Mold & You

Molds spores are a very common component of household and workplace dust. However, it is when mold spores are present in large quantities that they can present a severe health hazard to humans by potentially causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems.

Some molds produce mycotoxins that can pose serious health risks to humans and animals. Some studies claim that exposure to high levels of mycotoxins can lead to neurological problems and in some cases death. Prolonged exposure may be particularly harmful.

Mold in the home can usually be found in damp, dark or steamy areas e.g. bathroom or kitchen, cluttered storage areas, recently flooded areas, basement areas, plumbing spaces, areas with poor ventilation and outdoors in humid environments. Symptoms caused by mold allergy are watery, itchy eyes, a chronic cough, headaches or migraines, difficulty breathing, rashes, tiredness, sinus problems, nasal blockage and frequent sneezing.

The same mold that makes you very sick, may not affect the next person in the least. For the most part mold stimulates allergic reactions within the human body, and depending on the strength of your immune system your body may respond differently to different species of mold at different times.

Prolonged exposure to mold continuously chips away at your immune system, so the mold that did not bother you today can make you feel very ill in several months. That is why the elderly, infants and the immune compromised have a higher rate of mortality in mold related incidences of exposure.

The fact is that there are many species of mold. The ones this site is concerned about are the ones growing in your indoor environment, that shouldn’t be there.

An indoor environment consists of places you go everyday, school, work, daycare, and home to name a few. It’s when you visit a place and feel bad or exhibit some type of reaction while you are there and those symptoms stop after you have been away from that environment for a while you may want to consider having it checked out for mold.

  • Share This