In place of our usual blogging topics, today the Center for Natural and Integrative Medicine searched for a meaningful message to bring you as we approach the New Year of 2015. It seems like everyone has advice, and we hear a great many suggestions for resolutions. Of course the Doctors and Staff at the Center wish you health and success and for 2015, but we wanted our message to bring you more than simply a greeting.
Resolutions and Advice
Finally, we discovered some New Year’s wisdom in the sage advice of Ann Landers year quote. She states, “Let this coming year be better than all the others.” She explains how to do this in simple terms, but he counsel is easier to understand than to practice:
1. She suggests “Vow to do some of the things you have always wanted to do but could not find the time.”
2. Call up a forgotten friend.
3. Drop an old grudge, and replace it with “some pleasant memories.” The side benefit of this might be a happier, healthier you, in mind and body!
4. She makes a point of talking against empty or frivolous resolutions, as well as against making promises you can not keep. “Vow not to make a promise you can’t keep.”
5. We agree with two of her ideas that can do no harm: Walk tall, and smile more. The Center for Natural and Integrative Medicine adds, “Breathe Deeper!” Harmless and free, these suggestions could rejuvenate you so much, you will even look ten years younger.
6. Her best advice, echoed by many authors, celebrities, and even doctors, says, “Do not be afraid to say, I love you. Say it again. They are the sweetest words in the world!”
Reaching back in time, we recommend a little of the philosophy of Mark Twain, to begin 2015.
He stated,”Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”
He added, “So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.”
He gave us three key words for facing the uncertain future of the new year, just as relevant today as in his day:
Perhaps we have found the best New Year’s wish and advice in Dr Frank Lipman’s simple words, “Be Well!”
That is what the Doctors and Staff of the Center for Natural and Integrative Medicine wish for you in 2015, that you will be well in mind, body and spirit.
It’s a simple wish, but beautiful.
Find out more about Dr Lipman’s “Sustainable Wellness” ideas at this reliable online resource.
Have a Happy, Healthy, and Safe New Year’s Celebration! Welcome to 2015!