At the Center for Natural and Integrated Medicine, we advise you to balance the time you dedicate to food, activity, and fun. Rather than a long holiday healthy eating guide, with a long list of rules and regulations, the Center for Natural and Integrative Medicine presents you with this tiny Quick Tips Guide for your enjoyment of your best (and healthiest) holiday season ever!
The Quick Tips For Healthy Holiday Choices Guide!
1. No Dieting Allowed! Just try to maintain your current weight. Be reasonable with yourself.
2. Take the Healthiest Exercise! Plan quick 10 or 15 minute walks to offset holiday treats. Walking removes holiday stress! Your “prescription” includes two walks a day!
3. No meal skipping allowed! Breakfast and lung are required, even on big dinner days!
4. Snack Attack! Raw veggies and fruit will curb your tendency to over-indulge at the buffet table
5. Drink Delicious Water! Did you know Alcohol can reduce your inhibitions and “permit” you to over-eat? Non-alcoholic beverages and sodas are full of sugar and chemicals. Enjoy your ice water in an elegant glass.
6. Find Forgiveness! Here is the math: 500 calories per day or 3,500 calories per week above your normal/maintenance intake are required to gain one pound! The lesson here is:
“If you overeat at one meal, go light on what you choose to eat on the next one!”
Likewise, you can now logically see that one piece of lovely pumpkin pie will not add pounds!
7. Sweet Dreams! Find a way to avoid sleep deprival. Shopping, parties and family visits are bound to shake up your schedule, but getting your rest will help you control stress.
Holiday Good Wishes from the Center!
Today the Holiday spirit has inspired us to reflect fondly on our friends, clients, and blog readers. This is the perfect time of year to thank you for your support and friendship.
Whether you and your family and friends celebrate Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza, Winter Solstice, New Years, or all of these , the doctors and staff of The Center for Natural and Integrated Medicine have three holiday wishes for you:
1. We hope you enjoy a special regard for the treasured memories of the past.
2. May you possess courage and patience for the challenges and victories of the present.
3. We hope the gifts of health, hope and optimism grow in your heart for the future, for 2015 and beyond!
In honor of the holidays, we thought this quote from poet John Greenleaf Whittier captured the spirit of the season, and our heart-felt desire to send you our best greetings.
“Somehow, not only for Christmas,
But all the long year through,
The joy that you give to others,
Is the joy that comes back to you.
And the more you spend in blessing,The poor and lonely and sad,
The more of your heart’s possessing, Returns to you glad.”
– John Greenleaf Whittier
For all of you, from all of the doctors and staff at The Center for Natural and Integrative Health, it is our fervent hope that your cup will overflow with blessings, and your path will lead to peace.