Are you ready for a tune-up? Americans show their cars a lot of love; regular service and tune-ups are a part of their loving care for their expensive automobiles. Sadly, many of these same Americans neglect to maintain their physical well-being and health with as much care and attention. Just as we announced in the last blog, April 8-17 are big days for many of us here at the Center for Natural and Integrated Health! Staff and patients have created groups to give each other support and encouragement during a ten day detoxification program.
1. We will reduce the load of toxic substances within our bodies: We have previously written about the dangers of the toxins in our lives, and we hope you will review some of this information. Many people spend their entire lives totally unaware of how some of the foods they eat are actually making them sick.
Dr. Frank Lipman states,“Many of these external toxins or synthetic molecules are chemically similar to biologically active substances in our bodies and therefore easily interfere with our cell’s normal activities.”
Did you know?
Some toxins interfere with our hormones.
Some chemicals actually invade dna and attach themselves to our chromosomes.
Some toxins mitigate or disable the immune system.
Some of these poisons in the food we eat, the water we drink, even the air we breathe, cause over-stimulation of certain enzymes, and others block normal enzyme activity.
2. Our program eliminates many food and metabolic toxins and allergens. The elimination and then reintroduction of our bodies to different foods take us on a journey of self discovery. We learn what our sensitivities are, what foods to avoid and what nutrition will help us to thrive.
Experts say that “detoxification is about resting, cleaning and nourishing the body from the inside out. By removing and eliminating toxins, then feeding your body with healthy nutrients, detoxifying can help protect you from disease and renew your ability to maintain optimum health.”
3. Participants in our program are provided with a Workbook to chronicle the experience in addition to menus to teach us how to select and cook healthy and delicious foods. Another important element in the detox program is the use of nutritional products.
They support liver detoxification. Yes, the liver does filter toxins and waste from our systems. “we are obviously equipped to deal with low levels of some toxins, but our bodies can become overwhelmed and overtaxed by the substantial increase in the number of toxins to which we are exposed. ”
The facts tell us that, “If and when our own detoxification systems (predominantly the liver and the gut) become overloaded and do not function properly, toxins get stored in various tissues in the body, including fatty tissue. This prevents our system from functioning at optimum strength and efficiency and is a factor in the development of various chronic diseases, including cancer.”
At the end of the detox period we will have maintenance programs which will keep us on the right track to good health and empower our systems with anti-aging practices.
Spring is the absolute perfect time for this endeavor. Dr. Frank Lippman writes, “Within the cosmology of Chinese medicine, human beings are regarded as microcosms of the natural universe. We are subject to the same cycles that occur in nature.
Spring is a time of rebirth, sudden growth, and rapid expansion.” Indeed, after the next ten days of freeing the 21st century toxins from our bodies, we feel that our “tune up” will prepare us for Spring’s metamorphosis. “Spring is creative, volatile, and powerful and so are we as we enter this phase in our annual cycle.”
As we enter this detox program, and take on many of the season’s new activities, Dr. Lippman also warns us, “Make sure to rest, stay warm, and plan for relaxing down time to balance the new projects that are getting underway.”
You’re just a phone call away from making a decision to improve your health and quality of life, the detox decision. We invite you to talk to us at the Center, about joining us in a detox.
We hope you will tune up your own engine before you worry about your car. You only have one model of you, you can’t just trade it in like an automobile, but you can give it a tune-up so it will run at maximum efficiency.
A Special Reminder:
Join us at the Center April, 18, 2013 6:00 -7:30for a Special Presentation: Women, Weight & Hormones
We will feature Dr. Moraczewski who will discuss hormones and their roles He has stated, “Hormones are a symphony. The evaluation and balancing the many players in this complex orchestra, particularly the adrenal, thyroid, and reproductive hormones, requires diagnostic tests. I use various tests, including saliva, serum, and urinary, to measure hormone levels.”
He will explain how “Estrogen metabolism assessment is very crucial for breast and prostate health.” You will see how his program includes “Gut & liver health.”
1. He will give details on how they are important “in the proper metabolism of hormones.”
2. His lessons will help you understand the role hormonal imbalance in weight gain. Mark Your Calenders.
3. This will be an in depth seminar on thyroid, cortisol, sex hormones, leptin and ghrelin
Let Dr. Maraczewski quide you to understanding about some of the roadblocks to your weight loss
Don’t Forget: Thursday, April, 18, 2013 6:00 -7:30 P.M. Please RSVP at 407-355-9246